Thursday 28 February 2013

Crochet Goodness

I finally finished a project that is meant for me! Hurrah!

When I read through the whole of Lucy's Attic 24 blog I was blown away by it and literally had to stop myself from sitting up and reading the whole thing at once. One of her projects jumped out at me as perfect for sitting on my new chair (which is still awaiting a new cushion cover).

So, using the yarn I've already got which is probably not what I would have chosen immediately but the colour go together well enough, I settled down to make my a start on my own attempt. Now there was much cursing and frogging (my own fault not the pattern!) before I got the hang of it and finally I made it. Following a search for a round cushion I managed to find one online which turned out to be flat on one side but no matter, here is the finished article.



It isn't perfect, not by a long way but I'm very proud of it. The back isn't my best work (I need to work on my colour changing!)


You can find the pattern for Lucy's Blooming flower cushion here.

I've also crocheted this dolphin for my friend who is a teacher and her class name is Dolphins. I hope she will like it when I can give it to her. I found the pattern here.

 
You can see my new duvet cover in the picture, it was a £2 bargain in the Wilkinson sale. Not the highest quality but perfectly good enough for me (and the cat!) You can also see it here with another Wilkinson's bargain...one of their Christmas gift range, I think it was called Little Birds, it was £1 and full of hand care stuff, in the clearance bin because of a tiny dent. I snapped it up!! Perfect for my ribbon collection (well half of it.)


It is entirely possible I have too much ribbon and this is only the Christmas selection! Is iit possible to have too much ribbon???

One last thing, today my Dad retired so it's a new era in the household. To celebrate I baked a coffee and walnut cake, a favourite in this house, only let down by the lack of chocolate to melt over the top! It's yummy though!

No comments: